Pesticides and herbicides can be a threat to creeks if allowed into the storm drainage system.
- Pesticides kill aquatic insects that are important to creek ecosystems.
- Herbicides harm beneficial plant life that form the base of the aquatic food web.
What you can do:
1. Use organic gardening and landscaping techniques:
2. If you must use chemicals,
What the University is doing:
- Regular staff training
- Minimal use of pesticides and herbicides
Learn more about other creek pollutants...
Pesticides and Herbicides -